Wow! Well, I think I have found my most favorite French Fridays with Dorie ever! And that’s so surprising because I didn’t think this would be anything special at all. Something about the eggplant and vegetables and shaved cucumber slices that all just really worked together. I dunno…maybe it’s just olive oil-vinegar-herb-grill pan magic.
Speaking of grill panning, that is one thing I did differently, as we’re having a bit of a heat wave and here’s just no way I could have turned on my oven. Not even for nachos, so no way I’m roasting eggplant slices. I’m just saying…
Notes: (and there are many because I changed a lot)
1. I grilled my eggplant slices for about 5-7 minutes per side and got really nice grill marks and my eggplant softened up quite a bit. I also sprinkled a little garlic powder on my eggplant slices just because. Why not?
2. The tomatoes (Romas) and cucumber were from our garden!
3. I made a smaller recipe, with two slices of eggplant and a fractions of the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, etc.
4. Instead of oregano, I used fresh basil (also from the garden)!
5. White balsamic instead . . . → Read More: FFwd: Eggplant “Tartine” with Tomatoes, Olives, and Cucumber