Well, well, here we are at another French Fridays with Dorie. This time, a pasta dish with dried fruit, nuts and cheese. Sounds good to me! I really liked this one. It’s kind of surprising how it all comes together but it really does. Unexpected and delicious!
Notes/observations from this French Fridays with Dorie Experiment.
1. I halved the recipe because there are just two of us. I did not halve the cheese. Mahahahahahaha! evil laugh.
2. I added about 1/4 cup diced red onion in when I added the nuts and fruit to the butter.
3. Speaking of butter, I just couldn’t use 6 tablespoons of it….I did four of butter and two of olive oil, and I feel okay about that.
4. I forgot to get parsley and chives at the store. I did have some arugula in the fridge. I chopped up about 1/4 cup of that to sub for the parsley and chives. Added a nice color and flavor. I think I will forget to buy parsley and chives next time too.
5. I refrained from adding garlic. Next time, there will be no refraining.
6. Oh yeah, and I had no raisins. I did, however find some currants. I used those instead.
Links to everyone’s Beggar’s Linguine can be found here.
Okay. On with the pictures.
Mise en place!
Butter and olive oil doing their thing.
The pasta finishes cooking while everything else gets all toasty in the buttery goodness!
Starting to get golden and delicious.
Tossing it all together.
Nom-nom-nom-nom. And nom.
See, you should really get this cookbook, shouldn’t you?