Okay, so here it is — post number one of French Fridays with Dorie. The recipe: Gougeres. The cookbook: Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan. Go!
To start, here are a few notes from my Gougeres-making experience:
1. Cheese + butter + flour + eggs + heat = delicious!
2. Don’t set the speed of your stand mixer too high, or you could end up with dough on the floor…not that I would know of course…la la la la la.
3. Remember to turn the oven down, or your gougeres will be a little darker on top (but still delicious)!
4. Freeze some for later!
5. I want to try making these with Manchego next.
6. Using a small ice cream scoop (a tiny bit bigger than a tablespoon) was a great help!
The main ingredients.
Making the Pâte à choux.
Mixing the dough & eggs in the stand mixer. I actually lost about a half dollar sized dollop when it flew out of my mixer and landed on the floor. oops.
Scooped out. I’ve sprinkled some smoked paprika on top of a few.
Out of the oven!
. . . → Read More: FFwD #1: Gougeres